The EU recently approved the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will begin strictly enforcing on May 25, 2018. This regulation will impact Toyboy Warehouse Customers and Subscribers, so we are currently auditing all of our processes to make sure we will be compliant on or before the deadline.
What is the GDPR?
From the official website:
“[The GDPR] was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy.”
In short, it will streamline data privacy across the EU, and put in place new privacy protections for EU citizens.
We are already compliant in many areas:
- You may close your Toyboy Warehouse account at anytime, and request that we remove all of your information andassociated data . Including all messages, photos and interaction history with other members.
- You may opt-out of our marketing emails and product updates at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” or by sending an email to [email protected]
- You may access and update your Toyboy Warehouse profile & account settings at any time, or send us an email at any time requesting we update that information.
- As a dating site the information provided in your profile will be visible to other Toyboy Warehouse members. By using the block feature you can at any time block specific members from seeing your profile.
- We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Toyboy Warehouse has never suffered a data breach, but should this occur it would be reported within 72 hours.
- A Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) has been appointed. (James Vardy, Director [email protected]).
What we are doing to get compliant:
- We are reviewing all personal data repositories in the running of Toyboy Warehouse.
- We are verifying that any external tools & providers also meet GDPR standards.
Clarification on how your data is handled:
- Toyboy Warehouse is an independent dating site. Your data appears only on Toyboy Warehouse and no other dating sites.
- The information you provide in your member profile is only used to help pair your with other members. We do not use your personal information for advertising any 3rd party products or services.
- Toyboy Warehouse collects data on how you use the website in order to improve our service.
If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected].